What does the Hospitality Team do? Is it like Evangelism??
Evangelism can be a scary word for some. It conjures up images of people on street corners belting out words of salvation while handing out pamphlets.
Evangelism actually means sharing the Good News and that’s just what our Hospitality Team is about!
For the Valley of Peace congregation “hospitality” or “evangelism” is making a connection with others in a way that is loving, respectful and inclusive, so the love of Christ may be known.
The Hospitality Team is sharing the Gospel of Christ, making Him known, through a ministry focused on:
- community outreach;
- fostering a welcoming and hospitable environment;
- assisting the Valley of Peace congregation in its desire to grow; and
- strengthening the Body of Christ.
Some evangelism projects include:
- new member materials, installation and integration;
- visitor correspondence;
- coordinating the Potluck during Vacation Bible School
- coordinating the mentoring/partnership program with new members;
- St. Patrick’s Day pancake breakfast;
The Welcome Center, which is located inside the front doors of the church is staffed each week by a member of the Hospitality Team. We hope that visitors stop by either before or after worship to find out more about Valley of Peace (first time visitors will also received a welcoming gift!).
As you can see, evangelism offers a range of opportunities for involvement. You can participate in any part of these efforts by contacting the church office or Diane Hinderlie, Team Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.